Have you watched the News yet? Do you know what's the loud cheering at Padang all about?
Let me tell you a dream that came true for Singapore!
Singapore won the bid to host Youth Olympics 2010! It's the 1st ever Youth Olympics! Singapore has never hosted a major international multisports event. And now, we get to host it & experience it on our land in 2010! Isn't that cool!

The Youth Olympics will feature about 3,500 athletes aged 14-18 competing in 26 sports. The event, to be held every four years, is designed to encourage youngsters to get involved in sports and spend less time in front of computer and television screens.
You might be thinking about how it is going to affect you and what's all the Big Hoo-Ha all about?
Do you know that Singapore is too small a country to be ever considered to run a full scale Olympics games. So this is our chance! Probably our only chance to host a major international multisports event. It's a dream come true for many. Even for myself, I find it hard to believe. I let out a loud shriek when I saw the news on TV tonight. Congratulations and bravos to the bid committee. Your hard work has paid off!
5A pupils, in 2010, you will be in secondary school. I believe many schools and institutions will be joining hands in making this great event a successful one. Who knows you may get a chance to volunteer for one of their many events? I know I will try all means to volunteer myself!
So how do you feel about all these? Share with the class your reaction and your well wishes for Singapore.
Love, Miss Tan
14 comments:
I felt very shocked but happy as I thought how could singapore run olymipad??? Singapore is so small!!! But anyway, istill believe our president or prime minister will find a good place for a olymipad match. I am also so proud to be a singaporean!!!
When I am secondary, I will want to watch the exciting match.
Go ,Singapore.
We Will make the country proud
Yeah! Singapore won the bid to host the Youth Olympics Games 2010When I am in secondary,I will go and watch the games.
Does u all know that Sheng Xiong's Boss die (as if it was Sheng Xiang died)
ah! you don't write that Sheng Xiang died if you writr that it nmens that you are died too! tell me who you are
can u guys dun put things like *die* it is vry disturbing n hu is lsy
LCY
ya! who is lsy???
maybe lsy is liew si ying. dun blame me if i am wrong.
Hello Guys,
This comment is to stat about the Youth Olympiad Games, not talking about Sheng Xiong or what die die... You never see "Charlie and the chocolate factory" the fourth boy who likes to play the game always say"Die Die Die". I agree with Yang not to say Die Die...
By The Way, about the Youth Olympiad Games, I think that there will be shortage of trees that is essential for life. I hope Singapore won't cut down too many trees just for a Youth Olympiad Game in 2010.
Singapore, Do Our Country proud!
YQ
By the way, who write that Boss die... WHO CURSING HIM!!
YQ
who is cursing me?the person will get it when i find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya Boss,
You can either fire him off or you can dun pay him salary for 1 year ^^. BTW, the one who write it, please write down your name. Otherwise, when we found out, you will be in hot soup
YQ
Children, if you want to chat or add in irrelevant comments, can you do MSN? Not in classblog.
(: it's like 2010 already...
Qi En:]
Post a Comment