Hi 5A,
Today is the last day of school for the year 2008. I do not know how you guys feel about it but I am sad. Definitely will miss you all lots next year.
As I walked down the stairs and sending you guys off this afternoon, the reality hit me that that would probably be the last time I would be dismissing you as a form teacher. But in many ways I'm glad that I can hand you over to your P6 teachers next year and proudly boast that I was your teacher. You guys make me feel so proud of you. I know you will do well and even excel under the guidance of your new teacher. So keep a positive and accepting mentality and welcome your new teacher into your open arms just like how you welcome me warmly into your life.
I wish all of you well. Do work hard and always give your best in whatever you do. When we work, we give our best. I know sometimes we do not always get what we want even after working very hard fro it. This is what I learnt in life, if we constantly seek only the prestigous rewards, recognitions and praises from others, many times we will feel tired and discouraged. I encourage you not to look only at the outcome but the process that brings you to your end point. It's the learning process that helps us to grow, not the awards, recognition or praises from people.
I just want to let you all know that I am so proud of everyone of you. All of you are like my family, my younger brothers and sisters, my nephews and nieces, my cousins and friends. You guys made teaching so enjoyable. I can't remember a day that I have to drag myself out to bed to be in school to teach. You guys made me look forward to school. I hope I did so in your life too. Thanks for bringing joy and laughter to my life.
Thanks to a few parents who have been very encouraging in my journey as a teacher. You know who you are. Thanks for the affirmation you have given me. I hope I have lived up to your standards.
To my 5A pupils who always have a special place in my heart, do keep in contact. If you need a hug or a listening ear, you know where to find me. Thanks for being such darlings. And of course, thanks for organising a birthday party for me this year. I was very touched and happy!
Take care now. Enjoy your holidays.
~Love always, Miss Tan
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Miss Tan can we still continue using this classblog and can you update it in year 2009. -En En
Yes, I will continue this blog. Let's keep this for 10 years, 20 years, as long as we can. We'll update one another and connect through this blog ok.
I may look for a few administrators to help me to maintain this blog. So anyone volunteering?
Post a Comment