Hi P5A,
How time flies... half a year has flew by. Another half a year to go and you will all be P6s. I hope many of you are getting used to the hectic days of an upper primary pupil by now. If you think P5 is busy, P6 is even more so. Don't be downcasted. We can make learning and preparing for PSLE fun. It's how you perceive things. How you set priorities to your life?
We need to plan and organise our time. We need to know when to play; when to have fun; when to learn. It's not easy but we see many successful stories of how others could do it. Go ask the 2005/2006 top pupils of CCKPS, ask them how hard they worked to get their PSLE scores. Go ask the ex-P6 pupils how they wished they could have work harder preparing for their PSLE, spent more time revising. I do not want you to live with regrets.
I met many of your parents on the last day of school for PTD. We all agreed that the pace for P5 this year and P4 last year is very different. We have such long days in school that by the time we got home, we are so tired and drained. Your parents and myself agreed that despite the long hours in school, it should not compromise the quality of work you hand up and the amount of time you spend revising your work.
You are a group of very fortunate children. I could see how your parents love and care for you. It's not the marks or how poorly you did for your exams that disappoint us but that you did not see the potential in yourself. You do not believe that you need to labour for your harvest.
My dear children, good grades do not drop from the sky. We could work hard for it. Let's not be complacent. Let's give our best in what we do and what we believe in. If we work hard for it, we won't fall far from our goal. Majority of you did put in efforts in your weaker subjects. I must praise you for your perservence and diligence. Those of you who did not do so well, let's be more focused next semester. Let's do something about it. Let's not wait for things to happen. We make things happen!
I know many of you are disappointed of your SA1 grades. Let's not be disheartened. Let's work hard for this new semester. I will be doing my best to help you. You have got to take up the responsiblity too. You are responsible for your own learning and in control of your life. Let's unleashed your potential within! I can see it! Can you?
Here's the homework for the June holidays. They have to be handed in on the 1st day of school. Please do not do them in one sitting. Spread the work and I want to see quality work, efforts.
(1) 8 newspaper articles. (2 weekly. Please indicate date.)
(2) English Practice Paper
(3) Science Practice Paper
(4) Maths Practice Paper
(5) English Composition
* Maths Practice Paper
(leave out Qn 11 and Qn 16, Paper 2. There's not shaded part in the diagrams.)
Reminder:
There's a Mathematics online Test. YOu can access the test in litespeed anytime from 27 May to 20 June 2008. Answers will be available after 21 June 2008. You can only attempt the test once so do a good job.
Note to YiHeng, Arjenica, Sherry.
I have left homework (4) and (5) in the General Office. Please pick them up when you are back in Singapore.
Note to Ng Ray, Qi En, Nelson, Si Ying, Hwee Hoon.
Please collect your homework (2), (4) and (5) from the General Office.
Love, Miss Elphia Tan
I have yet to send my PC for repairs so I won't be able to reply your emails or comments quickly. If you need to look for me, call me or sms me.
I will be away from 10th to 18th June. You won't be able to reach me during this period of time. You can leave an email and I will get back to you.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
miss tan i will be back on 15 of june. what time & what day can i pick up my homework?can i do it when i go for basketball traning?
Yiheng
dear miss tan
i went to the Go and they said that the dont have it i borrowed it from jun xiang.he says the booklet b Q 5 cant be done
y
Post a Comment