Hi to all my ex students,
I'm sorry to have to disappoint you all. But I have to cancel the party at my place. The school is still taking precautionary measures to minimize the spread of H1N1 next week. You will realise when you go back to school that the desks in your classrooms are to be arranged into single rows and teachers are encouraged to avoid sustained group work. Another instruction that we receive from Principal is that pupils should not linger around in school after school hours or remedials. If we see any groups of pupils loitering or playing in school, we are to tell them to go home.
Here are instructions from school too.
Avoiding Mass Gatherings
5. All CCAs will continue to be cancelled for next week but remedials can
be continued. For the P1 & P2, do not ask the students to come earlier than
noon for remedial classes as you can use the time from noon to conduct the
lessons.
8. Assembly, Flag Raising, Flag Lowering, Contact Time (Staff Fun Day),
Learning Day (Co-core Committees) and PD sessions will be cancelled for
next week.
With all these tight measures and precautionary measures in school, I can't risk having you all to my place. This decision is made more of protecting you than for another other reasons. Cos if one of us got H1N1, there will be tracking and we will have to go on leave of absence and which means we will miss 7 days of school. That's not wise and worth risking cos Prelims and PSLE is coming. I do not want you all to take unnecessary risk just for to celebrate my birthday. I know your kind intentions and it does break my heart that I can't open my house and celebrate my birthday with you all this year. But we have to be rational and I have to be firm on this. But I will promise you all a surprise. So keep guessing!
And pls dun buy me presents for my birthday. I feel so bad and embarrassed to keep receiving things from you all. Just remember me and do drop me emails to ask abt me and update me on what's going on in your life k. Stay connected. I may not email you back that often cos of my travels and maybe lacked of internet access. But be assured that once I read them, I will reply. That's a promise! Don't be too disappointed k. I know many of you really want to come my place. Some of you even offered to come straight after school to help me prepare food. Some daring ones even insisted I cook and wanna try my cooking! God Bless you! haha... You guys have faith in my cooking! Maybe when I'm in Thailand, I will learn a dish or 2 and make them for you when I'm back!
I will be flying off to Thailand next Saturday for a conference and only be back on 26th July. Then I will be off for Thailand on 15th August. I hope to come back to school for a day before I fly off and bide you all farewell and good luck for yr PSLE. So in meantime, study hard. This is the last lap before the real deal! Push yourself a little so that you know you will have no regrets for you have given your best! I will always remember you, think of you and love you no matter where I am. Will remember you all in my prayers too!
Love you, Miss Tan
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sherry is so sad!:(Will we have party next time?
it's heart-breaking:'(sob...sob
ZhiWen,I will miss u!!
Such a sad news... Nothing much to say about it... Wish you all the best!
~YouQun
When I'm back in Singapore, you guys can come to visit me at my place! I'll cook you some nice Thai food hopefully by then. Then you can all tell me abt yr secondary school life.
But...but...miss Tan, We prepared thousands of things for you and I'm supposed to pass it to you!!! How am I going to do that??? So, You MUST come back to school for the last time before you fly to Thailand!!! YOU MUST COME BACK FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!
Post a Comment