Hi 5A 2008,
I think I can finally let the cat out. Yes, some of you have heard. Yes, it's official. I'm leaving CCKPS on the 3rd July.... Yes, I'm leaving Singapore in July.... And I'm going to Thailand to be a volunteer English teacher. My plan is to go there to teach for 2 years. But things may change... so for now, I'm looking at it a year at a time.
I can only explain myself now cos my leave was only approved very recently. And on Monday, the new teacher to take over my class was finally here and I have officially handed over my duties and classes to her. That's why I can officially tell you guys that I'm leaving.
I guess if you have known me well these years. It's not hard to understand why I have made this decision. I have been making short trips trips down to Northern Thailand since 2007 during the holidays. So last year, I have decided to make a longer term commitment there.
I had wanted to leave in December last year but it's a bit too rushed for me. Emotionally, I was not ready. And I was anticipating the arrival of a new family member, my nephew Evan, in February. I hoped to be there to welcome him into the world. So as things progressed and digressed, finally I'm all ready to fly off in July.
I think it's good that you know that I'm leaving now. I see you all have matured quite a bit. And I'm sure that you will be happy for me, just as I would be happy for you when you pursue things that you passionately desire. And after 6 months with a new teacher, think most of you are quite settled in already.. (*tsk..tsk* except a couple of you who seems to behave even more mischievous than last years)
So dun feel sad, for I'm only leaving at most for 2 years. And there's internet access there. I can still keep in contact with all of you. I will want to know yr PSLE results & share in your joy when you got the results and the secondary school that you have been working hard for.
If you remembered, I even told you before that I want to celebrate and also to share in your joy on yr 21st birthday, your wedding, your first baby and all other major events in your life. (That is if you allow me to)So this is NOT goodbye.
Do not throw me a farewell party k. And don't use this as an excuse to come out & play... hehee... I mean, this is not really farewell. But I will be glad to meet you up before I leave for my overseas stint. Want to give you a pre-PSLE confidence booster too! Dun be angry with me for leaving at this crucial period of your time k. I'm full of apologies for not being able to walk along with you during this stressful time. But I know I've left you in the good hands of Mdm Teo & Mdm Phua.
This is something I have been praying for and looking towards for a long time. I will keep all of you in my mind, my hearts and pray for you even when I'm in Thailand. That's a promise k.
I've promised Sherry that we'll all meet up together as a class in July before I leave. She's going back home in June so can only meet up in July. so is that fine with everyone?
Sorry too that I've not been faithful in keeping this blog up-to-date. I need someone to co-admin this classblog with me. anyone?
Alright, you can still look for me in school. My last day of work is on the 2nd July.
Hope I answer most of your questions for now.
Love, Miss Tan
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Miss Tan I will miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will miss you all too! So promise to keep in touch k. keep me updated on yr progress!
Ms Tan, when is the meeting?
Yq :(
Hey Miss Tan, i will really miss you a lot a lot a lot (x10000000000)! Don't forget us k?
Post a Comment