Friday, July 4, 2008

You are God's Given Gifts and Blessings in my Life! And I give Thanks for you guys!



To my beloved pupils,

Thank You 5A and some ex 4A and 3A pupils for the Surprise Birthday I received this morning. Though I know you some of you gals & boys were trying to make me cry, I felt so loved, so warmed and blessed that tears could not fully . Nonetheless, goosebumps were felt all over my body as I looked at the powerpoint slides, listened to the well-wishes and looking at the efforts and love you guys and gals put in to decorate our classroom. I recalled that as I read the well-wishes on the screen and looking around the class at your faces, that feeling was very surreal. I felt so loved.

I knew something was up since yesterday when I noticed many of you are whispering and giggling in the class. JunXiang was not being in his noisy self and even tried to keep the class quiet by asking them to "shh...". This morning quite a number of pupils from other classes and colleagues wishing me happy birthday. I was thinking, "hmm.... I did not mention to anyone that my birthday is coming soon. How would they know?"

Then Class 5A was so eager to take lift to class this morning. When the boys and I got to the fifth floor, my usual-very-well-behavioured girls were not waiting for me at the lift landing and my boys ran back to class without queuing, I knew they are up with something mischevious.

I did not expect to enter the class when the sound of poppers exploding in the class and screaming children wishing me "happy Birthday"! Then I saw balloons, streamers, well-wishes on the board and walls of our classroom. I could see at least 3 sets of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS TAN" on the walls! How much time and effort did the class spend on planning this surprise for me?! The class told me most of them were in school by 615am to write their well-wishes for me on the whiteboard! Then they told me there's a birthday for me during recess! The class shared the drinks, cake, flowers, gift for me! All planned by my darlings, their own initiative! And all along I have no idea at all! You guys worked very well in keeping this a secret and making this birthday a very special one for me.

Thank you, children. This is definitely one birthday I will remember forever.

Love, Miss Tan

12 comments:

Funky Boy said...

Well done 5A
it is really fun and special day to remember.
i hope miss Tan has a good time




Keane

Qi Ren said...

We spent thursday from after 3 to 5 p.m. and I must complain!!! The pupils kept the room closed and it was so hot and stuffy and ......smelly!!! I hate yucky smell. Don't none of your smelled it??? But I must admit I was also so surprise! Even if I also helped out decorating the class. But it was indeed a nice and surprising event for Miss tan. She even gave a sentence "Miss tan was flabbergasted by class 5A's rude behaviour". Come to think of it. It was really funny. We should change the sentence to "Miss tan was flabbergasted by 5A's hardwork of celebrating her birthday"
Hahahaha

Qi Ren said...

Sry...... bored-kid is me.---Qi ren

Anonymous said...

Thank u everyone for ur teamwork and contribution to the class!It is a very good thing to hear that ms tan really enjoyed the class celebration!Cheers!thnks for decorating the class and i hope that our nxt year teacher will still be MISS ELPHIA TAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)XD

Anonymous said...

anoymous is bellamy leong

Anonymous said...

Hey! there's a typo-error in the writing, read through it. By the way Happy Birthday!JX

Anonymous said...

Happy BirthDay生日快乐to Miss Tan!!!We will luv u 4evaxD.hope u can teach us nxt yr...have fun^_^


Zhi Wen

Anonymous said...

Well at least the party went on smoothly. DO you know that more than 10 pupils wore school uniform and went to lot1 on thursday to buy the gifts? luckily they were accompained by parents!!!!
LCY xD

Anonymous said...

Ya. I was also happy everybody enjoyed it an have a fun time.
Sure did we put lots of effort!
YQ XD

P5A 2008 CCKPS said...

I'm touched! it's a pupils' cum parents' effort in putting this party for me? I'm "flabbergasted" as what QR wrote earlier. I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful class. =) Thank you.

Celia said...

wow... so nice, i miss cckps and the class v much
nice idea tat u all thought of-a surprise party 4 miss tan



celia,
ex student of cckps

Anonymous said...

Haha...Maybe you can have it after Exams!